1/03/2011

Films of 2010

Ok, my top 5 films from 2010! At first I thought this was going to be a tough list to draw up as nothing really jumped out at when I thought, "what have I seen and loved this year?" Sadly, I missed a few films which may have made the list, such as David Fincher's The Social Network, Mike Leigh's Another Year, and Lee Changdong's Poetry will have to wait until a DVD release before I amend my top 5.

So, in no particular order:
[Oh, click on the film name to catch the trailer!]


Gaspar NoƩ



Debra Granik


Darren Aronofsky



Hosoda Mamoru



Lee Unkrich

However, one film came very close to slipping into my Top 5 because of the perfectly nonchalant surrealism and unfettered mysticism that exists in nearly every scene:

Apichatpong Weerasethakul


The other films worth a mention include: Francis Ford Coppola's Tetro; Banksy's Exit Through the Gift Shop; Gareth Edward's Monsters; Chris Morris' Four Lions; Tomm Moore's The Secret of Kells; and, Anton Corbijn's The American.

No comments: