9/30/2012

Seasonal News: Endings and Beginnings

I have neglected this space.  It was mostly because I had little to add, in terms of photographic material or thoughts on photography, film or the visual arts; actually, I had little to report in general as I was working away in props.  So, even though I have been photographing (as part of my job as Standby Props) there would have been no way to release the images due to the contractual constraints set by HBO for 'Game of Thrones'.  In short: I have been working and photographing but I cannot do anything with the images; thus, I am looking forward to diving into personal projects in the next few months when we wrap on season three.

One of the few photographic ventures I have been able to undertake was finishing the design and printing of my most recent monograph, '100 Portraits in 100 Days'.  This is now availble to view and purchase via Blurb.com. http://www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/detail/3505038

      (10 October 2012 - 20 January 2013, Tate Modern)

Aside from restarting my project work I am looking forward to consuming more photography - it seems October is the finest month for photography in London (well, for me anyway).  The Tate Modern are hosting a joint exhibition of William Klein and Daido Moriyama, which I cannot wait for as I have been a longterm fan of both photographers.  Moriyama is also showing work at the Michael Hoppen Contemporary in London, until October 20 - the exhibtion is Moriyama's 'Tights and Lips' series. Add in that Hiroshi Sugimoto is being shown in the Pace Gallery (alongside Mark Rothko paintings) and I could not be a happier planner or visual-geek.

So, expect many more posts over the next few weeks as I continue to get my photo-groove back on.

-PM

No comments: